3 d

Is being out of someone's league nothing but a state of mind?

Is there really such thing as being out of someone's league? Or is it just a state of mind? I feel like if I like someone, and I feel that person is out of my league, then I'm just doing myself a disservice by not even taking a chance.

I have a crush on a guy at my gym. I've never spoken to him, so it's safe to say that my interest in him is mostly physical, but regardless, I feel like it's pointless to try and go for it for a couple of reasons.

First of all, there's no indication that he's interested in men. But you never know. At the end of the day, rejection is rejection regardless of sexual orientation. So maybe that's not something to worry about too much. My concern is that he may be out of my league. Not that I am certain, but it seems to me like he is involved in the fitness industry to some degree, due to the shape he is in. I mean, he looks incredible. I've never seen a man with such large, and defined muscles. He definitely puts a lot of effort into his workout. He loves to show off his physique as well. His tank tops are so thin you can see his nipples, and his shorts are about the length of my boxers (not that I'm complaining).

My body on the other hand, is more of a work in progress. I've only been consistent with both my workout and diet for a few weeks. You can tell I work out, but you can also tell that I haven't said no whenever someone offered me a cookie. Even if this man is gay, or bisexual, do you think he's the type to date someone as average looking as me? He's definitely into bodybuilding, so I would guess he only dates people who are of a certain physical standard. I've also heard male bodybuilding culture is a little homophobic. However, if I do shoot my shot, the worst thing that could happen is he turns me down which I guess isn't so bad. What do you think I should do?
0
3