Is my boyfriend just too stingy or not someone I could really have a future with?

Anonymous
We're in a long distance relationship. I've been collecting money, despite struggling to find a job for months, to finally be with him and live together. I wanted us to rent a room as a start, but he didn't want to, worrying about having to pay. He asked me to stay with his family until we have money sources. I agreed as his family talked to me and they're very nice, yet I'm still not convinced, it's embarrassing, more with the fact that he has a good paying job, he has savings, a fancy car he bought too. I haven't come to his place yet and he goes like "You have to pay for transportation, you need a quick job before you come, if you need a new telephone card, I can get it for you but you pay me every month, you need to take your responsibility if you want this family to work" although I already know I will pay my part, but he just needn't mention it that way. If things were reversed, I wouldn't mind helping him take his first steps until he's able to do his things. What's annoying is that the only time he gives is for sex gifts, clothes for intimate time, anything related. This makes me uncomfortable. Before taking this step, we talked about our future together, it was different. Now I just think it's someone I worry about having a future with. Like if he was poor, I wouldn't have given a damn, I would do anything for us to be happy together, and support him without ever mentioning it. Wouldn't mind working, and sharing what we have together, until it get better. Wouldn't mind giving, and living with what we have, and if my special someone is having a hard time and I have the ability to do something, I would without thinking. But when it comes to him, he counts everything and worries about everything related to money. That's not how I lived with my family, my friends aren't like that, neither my exes although none of them had/has much. We shared and supported each other, and I thought my relationship is like this. I don't know how to deal with this.
1
1