Have you ever gone on a date with someone who lied about their appearance? Have you ever lied about your appearance?

ciitruskiwi u
I've never lied about it or dated anyone who did but I heard of this girl who was 5'4 and matched online with a guy who said he was 5'11 but when they met he was actually much closer to her height of 5'4. Some other guy lied about being bald.

I'm curious to see if this is a thing that frequently happens. I don't see a point because the person you're dating is going to find out you lied eventually and also wouldn't you want that person to be attracted to the actual you and not what they think you look like? Anyone who has lied about their appearance in the past, or currently, why do you do it especially since the other person will eventually find out?
27
10