Why is there a double standard in dating preferences as far as skin color and race is concerned?

Cherrylicious
This is not a bash or a diss towards people of certain skin tones and ethnicity but this is just something that I have been curious about four years as far as preferences. I asked this question because I have witnessed and even experienced double standards when it comes to dating how it seems to be ok if a person has a preference for ONLY dark skin men/women or ONLY black men/women I would even hear and see post on social media that says "I love dark skin" "dark skin men/women are sexy" or "chocolate Is beautiful" but when it's the other way around, it's considered close-minded, self-hating, and evil. And often times are bullied and gaslighted into dating someone we're not attracted to. It's wrong to like light skin but OK to like dark skin.

I thought we we're all entitled to preferences?
1
3