Why am I so mad at myself and how do I stop beating myself up over this dude?

hopefulecynic
I have terrible luck with dating, I WAS seeing this guy who just didn't treat me well. He told horrendous lies to get me feeling connected and get me in bed with him that I couldn't have fathomed any man telling a women.

I feel so stupid for not seeing it. Like I should have known to cut him loose and not been fooled. I actually liked him and tried to communicate and be understanding but found in the end that all the lies crashed down at once.

How in the world do I learn to trust anyone when I try giving chances and I just keep being lied to?

I dont jump into bed with people. I wait till there's a connection, I'm upfront, I'm kind and I try to be patient.

Why does that lead to be taken advantage of? Is it just me? But putting yourself out there seems to be a hazard, maybe being alone is the only smart choice.

How do I not get fooled going forward? How do I date in this modern world?

I'm just beating myself up about it because I feel like I should be above all the games people play, but I'm not :((
1
1