How should I deal with my boyfriend being distant?

Anonymous
So my boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. We’ve been together for about 2 months.

During the first month everything was great, we talked a lot, we were very affectionate, it was great. For reference, usually each day we’d talk pretty spread out in the day time and then at night we’d have like a good long conversation. But pretty consistently for a month now he won’t respond for many hours, even when he’s online. He almost never initiates any kind of affection or anything and has stopped saying goodnight and good morning.

About a week and a half ago I talked to him about it and he said with long distance he can get distant sometimes and that he feels really bad about it and will try and be less distant. He said I was doing nothing wrong and that I was doing the best I could with the situation given. I obviously understand his situation and want him to feel better and understand if he can’t just immediately jump back to being normal. The day after our conversation was great and back to how it was, then after that, it’s been pretty distant since, still little to no affection and it kind of barely feels like we are dating. I know it hasn’t been that long since we talked about it but he’s overall been distant for over a month and I’m not sure what to do.

Do I just try and deal with it and be as supportive as possible? Do I talk to him about it again? Or should I do something completely different? I don't know. Also, am I overreacting and blowing things up in my head? Thank you in advance for your responses and sorry for the long post.
3
1