1 mo

Why do people "like" or swipe right on you on dating sites but don't talk or want to get to know you and never ask you questions?

So many girls on these dating sites like OkCupid, POF, and Tinder swipe right on or "like" me, but the conversations overwhelmingly consist of me asking them questions but them never asking anything at all about me! I try hard to ask open questions that require more than a yes or no, but they always give me such simplistic, dead end answers! They basically never seek me out, but expect me to initiate every single conversation. If I don't talk to them first they never talk to me at all! If they don't like me, then why show interest in the first place? I've had ONLY one girl who didn't do this so far in the 6 months I've been using these sites.
2
5