1 mo

What is going through this guy’s head?

Anonymous
Started dating this guy who happens to be 24 (I’m 19). He knew my age before we started dating, but now he is acting very hesitant. I don’t blame him, we are at two very different stages in life. He is out of college and has a steady job, I’m in college working to get my bachelors. We have been intimate with each other and have a lot in common. He is really interesting to talk to but recently I feel like he is letting his doubts and hesitancy of our age gap get the best of him. He won’t even tell his roommates about me because he fears that they will look down on him for dating someone a few years younger than he. He says that he really likes me but the whole age gap thing really bothers him. I’m so sad because it’s literally something I have no power over. I made it clear from the beginning that I don’t have a problem with the age gap but now he does? His texts are more distant, his attitude is different. I feel like a dubious idiot for letting him play with my emotions like this. I don’t know what to do. I really like him as well and I don’t need someone to say that it won’t work out because there is always hope. I’ve talked to him about this a few times and he just tells me how he is still trying to mentally process it, and how he isn’t ready to tell his roommates (and his roommates don’t even need to know my age!!). I just don’t want to be treated like a secret... because that’s what it feels like. I am just a little lost. Can someone please give me some advice? Thank you so much :)
What is going through this guy’s head?
Add Opinion