1 mo

Boyfriend made plans with my car and took some of my cash without asking?

Anonymous
So we have been together 3 years and this is the first time it's ever happened in this extent so I'm not sure if I am overthinking this or not. he's taken my car in the past without asking but it was for a good reason in the end.

So he stayed up until 6am this morning and eventually fell asleep on the couch. He woke up at 10am to a phone call from his brother. He got up, grabbed like $60 from my "stash" hidden away in the closet, grabbed my keys and took off. Not a single word was said (granted I was in the shower).

I didn't call when I realized he was gone. Figured he would call, and he did 20 minutes ago. He told me that his brother was moving to Arkansas Friday and wanted him to go out to dinner with him and their mother before he left. No big deal. So I say "Alright, so what time are you planning on being home because we have no food here and I'm starving?" He was like "I'm not sure. I was planning to go to Shawn's tonight with Tyler." So, I just sat on the other end of the phone silent because, like, are you fucking kidding me? There's no food here, I haven't eaten and he takes my car without permission and then tells me he is hanging out with people tonight (who live over an hour away). To say I feel insanely disrespected and used is an understatement.

So anyways, hearing my silence, he's like "Well I guess I can head back in a half hour so that I can bring you some food." So I'm like "Yeah, I mean it's the least you can do considering you didn't even ask to take my car or my money and those things are probably something you should ask about first." His response was "We have been together for 3 years and I seriously still need to ask your permission to leave?" So I said "When you are using my car, absolutely. You had no idea if I had anything planned. Like for instance, I was going to go grocery shopping and now I can't." He hung up on me.

Am I wrong to be fucking pissed?
5
1