28 d

The new guy I’m talking with has many similarities as my ex. Should I stop talking to him?

Anonymous
I’ve been single for 2 years because my last relationship ran me out entirely. It was an abusive and manipulative relationship and it took me 2 years to finally feel like myself again and now I feel like dating and can see myself falling in love again.
soo I met this guy online, and we’ve been hitting it off. We have a date planned next week. But there are these weird similarities to my ex and it’s making me question if I’m making the same mistake and will fall for a guy that’s just like my abusive ex. They’re stupid similarities though. Like they’re both Pisces. His favorite movie is Scott pilgrim vs the world and that’s the first movie my ex showed me. The new guy is wearing a floral Hawaiian like flannel in his pic and that’s what my ex had in his when we met online. Same hair and eye color. Both have a similar way in asking me out- “do you wanna go to ___ this day, unless you find something better to do/you don’t have to go out with me” kind of delivery.
I know these are small but it’s making me kinda pause. What do you think?
2
1