27 d

Am I being rude being this way to my boyfriend?

Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a year and a half now, and our main issue is gift giving. At the beginning of the relationship, I mainly bought him things like food or little things he’d want just to help out/make him feel better. Over time though, I feel like he made it to a competition and has been buying me gifts too even though I decline.

The main reason why I’m posting this now is because last week, he wanted to discuss some possible gift options and I told him that I wanted to wait out on the gifts since we should save money for daily necessities (we don’t live together and he’s still in college). But, I come home now and see the gifts at the front door of my house. I talked to him about it and he said he got them to make me ‘smile.’ I just feel upset because I feel like he’s not listening/understanding me. He felt bad for getting me them after realizing that we did talk about it and still got it, and wants to return it now since I asked him if he could to get his money back. I’m not sure what to do.

no one ever has bought me gifts like how he has in my life so I’m not used to it in general, and he said that he understood that as well but is still putting me in these situations. What do you think? Am I just being dramatic or rude about it?
27 d
He said he also “forgot” that he placed the order and when he realized he did, it was already shipping to my house.
1
1