12 d

How do you avoid awkward silences when talking to a girl you like?

Rocknroll93
Whenever I talk to a girl, the conversation goes really well, but I hate it whenever there's an awkward pause and I usually stand there smiling. How do I be less anxious around a girl I like? Don't girls like a guy that can keep talking to them and keep a conversation going without a single pause? One time there was this girl i had a crush on and I briefly talked to her, and then when I saw her talking to another guy, I walked away because I felt "she must like him better". How am I ever supposed to ask a girl out or date if there's an awkward silence all the goddamn time? Another tip I've heard is to accept that you're anxious/awkward and be in the moment, but what good is that? Isn't accepting anxiousness just making it worse? 3 more years and ill be 30. Can something random, spontaneous happen in my life already before I punch someone repeatedly?
12 d
Thank you all for taking the time to respond to this. Honestly, the only reason I ask this is because of the fear of rejection and making mistakes, because I don't want to make a girl uncomfortable or her thinking "he's awkward"
4
37