16 d

How realistic/possible is it for a major age gap relationship between an older woman and younger man to work out long term?

Anonymous
I was initially hesitant to go out with a guy 17 years younger than me, but I eventually gave it a try. We've been on 7 dates and it's gone extremely well. We've had a ton of chemistry and (despite the age gap) I think we're super compatible. He's recently told me he wants an exclusive relationship. I'd be right there with him if it wasn't for some concerns I have about the age gap. On one hand I don't notice the age gap when we're together. He's very mature (and I'm a little immature) so our maturity levels are very similar. He has a master's degree and a good paying job so I wouldn't be his sugar mama. We've talked about it and we're on the same page when it comes to having kids (if we get to that point). We'd both want 1 or 2 kids, but if I can't get pregnant we'd be happy doing adoption or IVF.
However, there are a few issues I can see as well. One is my 15 year old daughter. She met him a while ago and they get along well. However, I can tell she's not comfortable with me dating him. However, I do think a large part of that would happen with any guy that's not her dad, but the age gap probably does add a little to it. Moreover, we haven't told anyone else in my or his family about the age gap (they know we're dating though, but we haven't met). I admittedly am worried about judgement from them. We also do have some lifestyle difference that come with age. For example, he's a lot more likely to want to go out and party while I would want to stay inside. It's a minor thing, but there are a few of them. Finally, I am concerned how the age difference would work in the future. right now the age gap isn't a big deal (beyond what I've mentioned), but will certain issues become more apparent as I get older? I do keep myself in excellent physical health/condition, but those problems may still arise.

Please help me figure out if going into a more serious relationship with this much younger guy is a good or bad idea. Thank you!
2
1