11 d

What would you do if someone you’d only been dating for a few months was diagnosed with a potentially debilitating and incurable disease?

Anonymous
I’ve been talking to/seeing someone new since late May. Just a few weeks after we started spending time together, he started developing symptoms such as severe pain/numbness, fatigue, etc. The doctors suspected Diabetes but repeated blood sugar tests have ruled it out, and now they have told him that he could have MS and will be setting up scans and such to test for it.

I don’t know how to support him during this incredibly scary time other than let him know I’m here when he wants to talk. My mom went to far as to say maybe I shouldn’t see him anymore given that sometimes MS can lead to emotional outbursts and mood swings, depression, and other things that could affect the relationship. I don’t know what to do and feel very helpless. I care about him so much and things were going so well before all of these symptoms took over his life and daily functioning.
1
1