20 d

Hating myself for being a "gold-digger"?

Anonymous
So my brief introduction; I'm currently in my 20s and I come from a wealthy family. I know that definition of "wealthy" varies depending on each individual. I'm just saying it because we're considered upper class in the American Economics System.

I've always hated it when people say things like "I want a rich guy" as it sounds superficial and I believe in love. I've always wanted to have a romantic relationship where my partner and I are truly in love with each other. In fact, I didn't care about money at all when I was looking for a boyfriend until I made it to college.
Now I find myself checking on the potential partners' financial situation, which disgusts me and makes me feel like a gold digger. I also pay attention to where they go to school. All those pretentious stuff. I guess this is mainly because I grew up surrounded by "successful" people (they're actually the most pathetic of all) who valued education and material success.
After all, I don't want to give up the financial privileges I've had and I want my partner to be well-off as me. Is this gold-digging?
2
2