5 d

How often do you assume the worst about the opposite gender?

Dongtai
It’s a really bad habit I want to work on. I saw this woman at work today who helped me with something without me asking. I greeted her and she greeted me back. I wanted to say more and get to know her but it’s like something went off in my head “she’s probably mean,” and it discouraged me. But when she walked away I felt bad for judging her and not letting her story speak for itself.

I do this pretty often. It’s only with women I “notice” or admire. I assume that they’ll react their worst “to me” which is a really absurd assumption but it got me wondering how many people are like this? I’m never like this with men unless my “gut” tells me something is off about them.

Women what are your thoughts? Men what’s are yours? I will say I don’t have the best relationship with my mother and that probably plays a roll in it but I’m not going to let it keep a hold on me. This is something I’m going to overcome.
13
24