9 d

As a 38-year-old single male, am I wrong for giving up on finding love?

ThaFallenAngel
As a 38-year-old black male, I’ve decided that finding love isn’t worth it anymore or I should give up all together being a single man until I die. I have a stable job as a librarian, working a fun freelance job as a graphic designer / starting content creator. I’m just a nerd who loves anime, MMA, wrestling, comics, video games, tech and just a guy who likes to have fun. I tried the online dating scene on sites like Bumble, Hinge, Tinder and Facebook dating only getting matches with women whom obese or nightmarishly ugly not fitting my standards.

I realized that maybe I was just born ugly and I was destined to be single the rest of my life. Love doesn’t mean anything to me anymore since as I’ve gotten older, I realized if I become successfully famous or rich women will chase me (like Golddiggers). Then combined the fact that racism has become a well know topic that I don’t see interracial dating an option anymore as well. My mom asked when I will get a girlfriend and have grandkids, I said you’ll likely pass before that occurs.
As a 38-year-old single male, am I wrong for giving up on finding love?
Add Opinion