He said he needs time?

Anonymous
So I’ve been starting a relationship with a guy whose been my friend for years, last couple of months we’ve got very intimate... last week he pied me at the last minute because he only just woke up and was hanging from going out partying all night. He told me he still wanted to see me but wanted us to chill rather than go out out... it was all a massive miscommunication on both parts... I probably over reacted and told him where to go etc and then I deleted a really nice picture of us on social media which was over reacting on my part. I have said sorry and tried reaching out and I can tell he’s being a bit distant he said sorry too... I asked if he still wants to see me and he said of course but he needs to take some time to think because of he felt really down all weekend about it all so I said I’ll give him space he never responded about that but he didn’t say no either. This was a couple of days ago and I’ve heard nothing. Am I being a mug or can some people really need space and that’s the best thing to do? How long do you give someone space?
He said he needs time?
Add Opinion