1 mo

Does he still like me or?

Anonymous
There's this guy I've known for years. We're kind of close. One night he got drunk and proceeded to tell me how he regretted not asking me out, he called me beautiful, smart, amazing, etc. And I get right now you're probably thinking is this person seriously asking if this dude likes her if he literally confessed?

Yes, because some stuff happened. He got blackout drunk and forgot he confessed to me, I don't bring it up because I'm trying to sort out my own feelings. Then I met this girl, Jenny, and they hit it off. Like talking to each other and calling each other everyday kind of hit it off. At first, I was relieved and happy for him, he hasn't really been lucky in the relationship department. They seemed like a good match, at least from what I saw. Then lately he's been a bit affectionate whenever we text, like saying I adore you, you're amazing, he said something that embarrassed me and he called me, "his tomato." I can't deny it gave me butterflies, but I also thought to myself, "Isn't he talking to this girl? Doesn't he like her? Is he trying to decide between the two of us? What?"

Last night he joked about walking to my house to hang out. Then that conversation turned into us going to the movies. It was going to just be us two at first, but then we invited our other two friends. While watching the movie we had to sit two and two per Covid. I was sharing popcorn with him so I sat next to him. He joked that it seemed like we were on a double date. And he tried to lay his head on my shoulder twice during the movie but stopped himself.

But he talks to me about this girl constantly. "Oh sorry, I've been talking to Jenny too much." "Haha! Jenny said blah blah blah." "Yeah I tried to sleep but she wouldn't let me" Stuff like that. At first, it didn't bother me, I was happy for him. But now I'm confused, does he still like me? Is he trying to get over me? I wish I could answer my own question, but I don't want jealousy to cloud my judgment.
Does he still like me or?
2
2