1 mo

Calling all polyamorous couples or individuals. I need some advice?

So me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years. He wants to have a poly relationship and at first I was against it. Due to lack of exposure to the topic. After out last year together he's been teaching me some of the ideals behind poly and helping me to see why he wants it.

I have some slight self esteem issues and am attending therapy to work on them so thay I can be okay with him seeking another relationship because originally they was a trigger for me. I asked him to give me some time to work on that. And he agreed that he wanted me to be in a good place so that we could both explore this..

Fast forward to the present and this morning he texts me while I'm at work and tells me that he's been dating his coworker for about 3 months now and that he took her virginity in the back of his car on their lunch break and that he felt this was the only way to show me that he could be with someone else while still being with and loving me.

I am so hurt and betrayed. but he says I have no reason to be. I have no issue that they slept together or that they were dating. What hurts is that he kept it from me for 3 months. Both of them did. While she was trying to be friends with me. I feel like thay goes against the rules of poly because all parties should be involved and aware of what's going on right? Am I right to be pissed? What should I do about the situation?

Please no judgement. I understand if it's not your thing but for some people it works.
2
2