Advice for two people who have been friends with benefits for a while, but want to try dating?

Anonymous
This guy and I have been hooking up on and off for 2 years, however, I’ve realized that the hookup culture isn’t really for me. So he and I stopped hooking up and I tried dating other guys, which didn’t work out by the way. Anyway, I’m talking to the guy I used to hookup with again, and I made it clear that I’m looking for a relationship and if that’s not what he wants, then that’s fine. He told me that he’s looking for a partner, but he wants to continue having sex. The thing is, we don’t really know each other well. To me, if he wants a partner, wouldn’t he want to get to know me better instead of just wanting to have sex all the time?
1
2