How should I deal with thoughts about finding someone better than my ex?

lichb85
He was a narcissistic jerk, his new girlfriend is insecure of me, goes to show how well he treats her.
however, before i met him.. i had been hurt a few times. Every time i lost someone and thought i wouldn’t find someone better, i did. The narcissist, well when we met.. i was unsure but he worked over time to get my attention and he was everything I asked for in terms of the more
superficial desires. But his treatment of me was fsr from it, controlling, abusive etc.
That experience, i got out of it within 2 months but it did hurt and I had a lot to unpack but it also propelled me to fix parts of my life I wanted to have sorted when i meet someone right for me. But now I wonder, what if Im asking for too much now? I want better than him, i want someone as succesful/ambitious but a great person with integrity. I did meet someone amazing, handsome too (the narc wasn’t at all) but he lives in asia and im in Europe so it can’t work. And now i haven't spoken to anyone worthwhile... so i worry about the standards I've set, confused between “don’t settle” and “don’t be too picky”. I tend to be submissive, i have also learned about how and what i want to bring to a relationship with someone and how id like to be towards them.

Should I reframe how I think? Any suggestions or personal experiences with such thoughts? And how you overcame them!
1
1