How many people should you date at once?

friendlymbflirty
I am a one person dater. I dont date more than one person at time. I understand that until we agree to be exclusive that this means that they will probably be dating other people, but its just not for me. I feel like its unfair, you are basically always comparing one person to another and if person 1 upsets you or anything well you can always go to person 2.

Recently, I told this to my best friend and she said that's the point. That's the point in dating, to pick the best. She said if I dated more than one person at a time then I would save time and heartache, because I wouldn't have to keep finding new people to date if the first person doesn't work out. And I wouldn't miss out on someone who might be right just because I am dating someone else.

I always thought you dated to get to know a person to see if you wanted to be more than friends. Then you were exclusive to see if you wanted to be more than that and so on. Also itd be kind of hurtful to say/hear 'I'm sorry I like you but there's someone else I like more,' when you didn't really give them a full chance.

So, what do you think? How many people is enough? Too much? Is dating more than one person the way to go?
27
20