Saw a guy 3 times, we have a date planned tonight but I’ve decided I don’t want to continue with him. Do I still go on the date and end things after?

Anonymous
We met online, we’ve been on 2 real dates and 1 short little hang out. We’ve only kissed lightly. We’ve talked for about a month now. He’s verrrrry into me- he buys me bouquets and chocolates and is making Halloween plans with me already. He has done everything right but I don’t feel that spark. And I don't know if I want a boyfriend right now either since I’m going back to school.

we have a date tonight for dinner, I can’t fake it with someone and I know the feeling is lost on my end. I’m not looking forward to the date but I also feel awful because we’ve already gotten this far and I think he plans on making me his girlfriend and now I feel like a monster.

anyways, do I go out for dinner (which he will insist on paying for) and break things off this weekend? or do I send him a message now and not go on the date (not waste any more of his time or money)? I’m afraid he’ll insist we should still go out as friends and I don’t really want that either. I also have his sweatshirt.
9 mo
I also have his jacket still
4
1