Told the guy I’m seeing about my eating disorder. Does he actually understand based on his response?

Anonymous
I told him in text message I have had an eating disorder for 12 years now. I told it had changed into different eating disorders but basically I don’t enjoy eating and in particular eating around others causes me a ton of anxiety and I can’t just eat whatever or whenever. I asked if we could go on dates not going out for food.
He texted me back saying yes of course. We went out a night later and he was telling me to not worry at all about my eating disorder and he understands entirely because his brother and sister went through the same. He said there was a period where their mom tried to get them to eat more and they just didn’t really feel like eating and she kept trying and they didn’t want to eat so much.
which is not really what my eating disorder is? Like mine is due to body dysmorphia and feeling huge 24/7 (despite people telling me I’m tiny, I see myself as huge). I only eat like 10 safe foods and refuse to eat others (hence I don’t want to go on dates and be forced to eat something that makes me hate myself all night and starve the next day).
Later on our date he was driving around and pulled up to this restaurant and said they have really good desserts, let’s go in and try some. And I was kinda.. confused? Like there’s no way I’d eat dessert and haven’t in years. Why would he try to get me to go in right after we had the discussion?
4
0