1 mo

Are you comfortable dating more than one person at the same time if neither relationship is a committed, monogamous relationship?

OlderAndWiser u
One of them is having fun! Isnt that her MIDDLE finger that is extended?
One of them is having fun! Isn't that her MIDDLE finger that is extended?
If you are not in a committed/monogamous/exclusive relationship, by definition, you should feel free to date other partners. However, there are two problems that may arise in this situation.

1. YOU may not feel comfortable with dating two people at the same time. If you are just getting to know your partners, you may be challenged. You are on a date and you say something about her hometown of Atlanta but this is the one from Savannah. Or you forgot that this is the one who hates Indian food and that's where you are planning on going for dinner tonight.

If you haven't had a conversation about "we're not exclusive so I'm also dating someone else," then you may feel guilty about dating someone else.

2. Even though you have not explicitly promised exclusiveness, maybe THEY have that expectation. . . because they never date more than one person at the same time. When they learn about your other interest, they may feel terribly hurt and disappointed, even though you have done nothing wrong.

If either relationship does become sexual without the exclusive promise, then the problems really ratchet up. I was in that position when I was 26 years old and I promised to never get myself into that position again.

Are you comfortable dating more than one person at the same time?
I've never had the opportunity to date more than one person at the same time
I am under the age of 25, and I have dated more than one person at the same time, but I didn't like it
I am under the age of 25, I have dated more than one person at the same time, and I had no problems doing that
Vote C
I am under the age of 25, and I have had the opportunity but NEVER dated more than one person at the same time
Vote D
I am age 25 or older, and I have dated more than one person at the same time, but I didn't like it
Vote E
I am age 25 or older, and I have dated more than one person at the same time, and I had no problems doing that
Vote F
I am age 25 or older, and I have had the opportunity but NEVER dated more than one person at the same time
Vote G
GirlGuy
17
41