22 d

My boyfriend lied about his past with a girl. Is this a red flag?

Anonymous
My boyfriend met both myself and another girl at the same time when we all had a class together at university. We began talking a few months after we met, this past spring, and have now been officially dating for about 2 months. And I just came to find out that he had actually asked this other girl out multiple times before becoming involved with me, and she rejected him. This bothers me because I asked him if he had feelings for her before we became exclusive (a conversation that occurred after she got drunk one night and came onto him, which he completely allowed to happen). In response, he had told me that he was only interested in me and agreed to being exclusive.

I know it’s possible that he was being honest and didn’t have feelings for her anymore, but I feel like he should have told me their past. The fact he didn’t mention it seems like he had something to hide. Now I feel like he’s only with me because she wasn’t interested in dating him. Also, it doesn’t help that he occasionally still Snapchat’s her memes and stuff.

Am I being insecure or do I have reason to be bothered?
15
9