16 d

Should I go out on dates w/ women I’m not attracted to rebuild up social confidence again?

Anonymous
Lockdown was one of the worst things that could of happened for eligible bachelor looking to date.

It’s complicated but I don’t get many matches on dating apps with women that are at least moderately attractive. I’m not that picky but I need to feel at least some spark for it to happen.

Anyway I have gone out with women I wasn’t attracted to the past. I still paid for the date (kept it cheap coffee/drink) and engaged in conversation. I acted respectful but showed no indication I wanted anything beyond giving a hug.

Now I know plenty of women go out on dates with guys they feel who are semi attractive at best. It’s possible that an average looking guy can win over a women with his personality. But vice versa is much more rare. Also these women are usually getting their dates paid for. Some of them go on dating apps just for that (bs).

Bottom line that as a guy, should I NOT feel guilty going out on a dates w/ women I’m not interested in but just want to socialize a bit? If I’m paying for everything it shouldn’t be a big deal.
16 d
I’m not to get “attention” from these women either. I do want dialogue but I don’t want lead someone on and have someone chasing after me.

I’ve been “catfished” twice before. Both girls were much heavier and less attractive than their pictures. I still talked to them and treated them nice but when they reached out later I was immediately honest about where I stood.

This is just about building up dialogue and getting used to communicating with the opposite sex again.
2
3