6 d

Should I be more clear with my boyfriend surrounding my mental health?

Anonymous
So, I’ve already told him about my childhood trauma as well as my previous toxic relationship. I’m currently trying to acquire a medical marijuana card due to ptsd and upon telling him, he thought I was pretending to have this condition just to get high. I wasn’t offended at all (he’s a very sweet guy), however I haven’t necessarily told him the extent of my mental health, and how it’s very hard to be asleep by myself (without weed) and not have some sort of anxiety or panic attack. I’m a very happy person around others, but I find it very difficult to explain how I feel without making them feel sorry for me or doing favors because they feel bad. I know this isn’t the case and he truly does love me, but I really don’t want to put this much pressure on him regarding my circumstances. (I’ve had a lot of other health issues these past few months due to severe stress that he knows about). I don’t know if I’m over thinking this honestly. What should I say to him? How should I approach this situation?
Should I be more clear with my boyfriend surrounding my mental health?
Add Opinion