9 d

Is there any hope?

Anonymous
I’ll try and make it brief. We dated for a year and lived together on and off during this time. It was mostly amazing. Extremely passionate and everyday felt like we were just meeting.

There were some communication issues in that he’d shut down and get mad and I’d leave and go to my place. It happened every time we had a minor disagreement. Both of us are incredibly prideful and stubborn, so neither of us would cave and reach out for upwards of a week and have 0 communication during that time.

Fast forward, I left 11 days ago and he is adamant it’s over. I wound up spending the night with him a few nights ago and he told me he’d already met someone. He was visibly upset about us ending things, but said he didn’t want to take me back losing this potential new woman and then us just falling back into the same patterns.

It’s been a few days since our “sleepover” and he’s texted once to see if I’d gotten any sleep and last night he sent me 2 songs about regret. I’m not sure what’s going on his head, but I know he spent the night with his new person. I haven’t responded to his text because I just don’t know what to say. Should I pick up and move on?
9 d
One thing I should add is that we both have come out of long term marriages. I’ve just started counseling to figure out why I’ve been running. It’s never been an issue before him. Also, we are dealing with emotions that we haven’t felt or had in years.
Is there any hope?
2
2