What does it mean when he says he’s scared to commit?

Anonymous
I’ve been talking to a guy since August, he was going through breakup when we started talking and I helped him through it. Somewhere along the way we started liking each other, but he said to me he’s not ready for anything and that I should move on so I started dating other guys.

He said the below to me in October when I told him I was dating:

“I will be honest I do have an attraction towards you and I think your awesome but I blew my chance a month ago so that’s why I’ve always just been a friend to you because I do enjoy talking to you x “

“What made you think you were my second option atm? Honestly your the only girl I’m talking too silly. Im putting all my eggs into one basket because I like you 🤭 but I know it could backfire on me but I’ll be fine if it did 😊 you deserve to be happy which is why I asked if you was still going on those dates because I don’t want you getting hurt because I care about you 🙈 Your not an option to me x “

And then today he’s said to me:
“I’m scared to commit to someone else because I don’t want to move on and still have these moments where I think of my ex. Why couldn’t I just meet one person in my life and that would be it, and not break up 😂😂 love sucks big time x”

Am I right to assume he doesn’t like me like I thought he did?
3
3