Have you ever not pursued someone because they thought they were out of your league but later (when it’s now too late) found out they liked you?

Anonymous
This happened a few times in college.

I met some very beautiful and intelligent women and I felt I had no chance. It’s easy to say “well your just wasn’t confident!” But if a guy tries to pursue a woman who is out of his league (and she has no interest in him) it’s extremely humiliating.

The most torturing experience I ever had was when I tried to pursue a very beautiful premed student who did like me. We did kiss once but I was too persistent and scared her off.

She met someone she liked more (happened right in front of me) and then assumed I was okay with the friendzone. She’s married to this guy and has kids with him today. I can still remember her saying (more than once) “Joey I like you” when she was already dating this guy.

But there were other women like her I never tried to pursue to avoid that worst possible outcome. But I found out later they had crushes on me at the time.
Have you ever not pursued someone because they thought they were out of your league but later (when it’s now too late) found out they liked you?
Add Opinion