Have you ever not pursued someone because they thought they were out of your league but later (when it’s now too late) found out they liked you?

Anonymous
This happened a few times in college.

I met some very beautiful and intelligent women and I felt I had no chance. It’s easy to say “well your just wasn’t confident!” But if a guy tries to pursue a woman who is out of his league (and she has no interest in him) it’s extremely humiliating.

The most torturing experience I ever had was when I tried to pursue a very beautiful premed student who did like me. We did kiss once but I was too persistent and scared her off.

She met someone she liked more (happened right in front of me) and then assumed I was okay with the friendzone. She’s married to this guy and has kids with him today. I can still remember her saying (more than once) “Joey I like you” when she was already dating this guy.

But there were other women like her I never tried to pursue to avoid that worst possible outcome. But I found out later they had crushes on me at the time.
1
0