1 mo

Girl said she’s not interested after six dates but I think she has unreasonable expectations for feelings?

cato4797
I’d been seeing this girl and we’d gone on six dates. On the fifth date she said that liked me but was conflicted about going forward because she had to go back to college in six weeks and wasn’t sure she’d be able to do a long distance (it’s two hours which didn’t bother me and I’d be the one traveling but I get it). We agreed to keep going out and having fun together for the next six weeks and deciding what to do then (ie pressing pause until we’re both in the same are or keep going).

Anyways last night, the night after our sixth date, she calls and says she can’t keep doing this anymore. She likes me (and was very clear about this again and again for a whole hour) but because she doesn’t feel that way all the time doesn’t think we are compatible. Some times she feels just great like when we’re holding hands and others are just ok. We have a connection but because we aren’t head over heels for each other we’re not meant for each other, don’t click, aren’t compatible and won’t work in the long term. I came away with the impression she wasn’t just trying to be nice and let me down easy but rather has a disnified, very unreasonable expedition for how your supposed to feel about someone, something I’ve made clear I’ve had trouble with in the past and to some extent do here. This a perception a few others I’ve talked to have agreed with often more extremely than myself.

After talking for an hour she agreed to sit on it for a few more days (we’ve since pushed back another day because I’ll be busy). Personally I’m having a hard time understanding her reasoning here, and wanted to know if I’m alone in that, and if there’s any advice on what I could do...
1
3