1 mo

He blew off our first date, what now?

Mvs609
So basically I met a new guy and had a first date with him scheduled yesterday afternoon. I didn’t hear from him most of the day and when I finally did it turns out he was at a friends funeral, I had no idea. I had no clue he was at a friends funeral and that someone close to him had died, that was never something communicated to me, so obviously I felt terrible. At the same time had I known I’m not a heartless person I would have given him more space and been understanding. And rescheduled the date and understood, but that’s not what happened. Later on in the evening what happened was when I finally got a text or two from him he tried to reverse everything into me “laying into him” for not making our date making me seem super selfish 😕 this is a new thing with us and there’s already miscommunications, which is not good. Yes I did text and explain myself and how I felt and sent him my condolences at the same time it doesn’t feel right that he now has blocked me out and ignoring me, shutting down is not a good sign and I have no clue where we stand. I understood if he wants to talk to me he will at the same time, how about reading what I wrote and listening to me, if I have no clue about something, why am I not the bad guy... a simple, got a family emergency, let’s reschedule talk soon, would have been all I needed. And at the same token we had this date planned all week, why overbook your time and let it run into our date and not say anything to me, I just don’t like feeling like someone isn’t valuing my time or communicating. All opinions welcome and thanks 🙏🏾?
He blew off our first date, what now?
Add Opinion