24 d

Finally tell my best friend of 10 years that I'm in love with him and he says he loves me back but won't break up with girlfriend he "doesn't love"?

itsforevercooliguess
So after 10 years of secretly pining for my best friend I finally break down and tell him I'm in love with him. He's made it clear he has only been in love once and it was an ex but he does love me. The issue is I'm going through a marriage separation and he's currently got a girlfriend. When he rarely mentions their relationship he always says its survivors guilt. The only thing I can think of is that they were involved in a hate crime and maybe he feels guilty she got hurt because of his skin color? Anyway we talk all day almost every day and we get AirBNB's on my dime to spend time together. He doesn't have a job and when I brought it up he attacked me because he's a musician and that's his job. But like I said everything is my dime. I don't mind because I'm a very dominant person but I would like to figure out why the fuck he won't make plans to leave her? I understand he stays with her and her family after getting evicted due to the pandemic but obviously I'm down to help him out. We've known each other forever. Am I just a conquest?
9
1