21 d

Reconnected with old friend, but never told my family. Please help?

MelissaMarie9614
Ok so I reconnected with an old friend or I should probably say he's my childhood sweetheart❤ We knew each other since elementary school. We were each others first little boyfriend and girlfriend. We did everything together and made good memories. Until when I was 9 my dad got a new job and I ended up moving. Afterwards we kept connecting with each other for a long time until eventually we lost contact when I probably 11 or 12. Last I saw him I was 11 and he was 13. But then, 6 months ago over the summer, I suddenly found his Facebook and reconnected with him from there. We talked for a while on messenger, then a couple weeks later we exchanged numbers and we've been talking ever since. The problem is I never told my family about it. I've told a couple friends but not my family. I'm so scared that there's gonna be a fight and that they'll start accusing me thinking I'm meeting strangers off of Facebook which I'm not. I don't wanna lose him! I just want my family to be happy for me and respect me. I thought about it long and hard before adding him and I'm so happy I did add him. I don't regret it one bit! I really feel a connection with him especially now that we're grown up. I'm 24 I don't wanna feel like I have to ask their permission or opinions about it. I don't want any drama or nagging coming from then. I'm trying to figure out how to tell them without arguing or any drama. I want them to be happy for me. And I'm so happy I have him back in my life. So what should I do? How do I tell? How should I explain it?
Updates:
21 d
Forgot to mention we still live in two different states but not really too far. So its possible to see each other.
Reconnected with old friend, but never told my family. Please help?
Add Opinion