18 d

Why do people not understand me? Why do I not understand other people?

Anonymous
To be fair, I do understand them. It’s like an understanding of human nature. Thing is, I’ve always been one to try and defy human nature where I believe it is the right thing to do. I’ve always hated “locker room talk” for example. Guys talking about what women they like and “what gets them hard.” Even though I like women and am attracted to them, it’s still so cringe to me.

I've always tried to look within. Look for a deeper connection. It doesn’t even seem like most people think like that or can comprehend that a guy can dislike locker room talk, like “he must be asexual or gay”, they just can’t fathom any thing else. It makes for awkward conversations that I don’t like, and nobody seems to get it anyway so I just try to avoid it.

I’ve always had trouble with women too, because in a similar regard, I don’t feel like they quite know what to think of me either. I just feel like an alien a lot of times around people and I don't know why.
1
1