14 d

Dating a guy for the first time after an abusive relationship. I feel like I’m ruining it already. :( How do I not ruin this?

Anonymous
I was in an abusive relationship that ended almost 2 years ago. I took a full 1.5 years off from dating because I had no desire to meet anyone. Now, I do want to try again and I thought I was ready. But now I met this guy who I’ve been seeing for a month now and I am very into him. He’s the most compatible guy I think I’ve dated so far and I’m very excited about it. But I feel like I’m going to ruin it all because I keep comparing things to my previous relationship. My ex love
bombed me in the beginning and he did everything so perfectly. With this new guy, we’re moving at a much slower pace and it’s making me overthink and question his motives and like I can’t trust him. When we’re together it’s greet. But the days I don’t hear from him, my mind just twists things and then I remember things from my previous relationship and I have been an emotional wreck. The new guy doesn’t know this. But I’ve been having breakdowns like every week about things that are so small and insignificant or I create connections that really aren’t true. Luckily I haven’t sent any emotional texts yet to this new guy, I’m trying so hard not to ruin it. But I feel like it’s getting worse. I don't know what to do.

I shouldn’t tell the new guy any of this right? He’d run for the hills? I tried therapy twice but that did not do anything for me.
2
1