13 d

How to end communication with somebody you like because they don’t like you enough?

Anonymous
I liked him enough to have a little hope that it leads to something serious one day. No pressure, but the basic interest is there. But I’m not dumb enough to think he likes me as much just because he texts me. It’s not like I haven’t been on this ride before and I know exactly how this goes. I’m courteous, I pick up on the hints immediately. But I don’t want to ghost because that would be rude. Plus, I actually like the guy and figure that if I just don’t get my hopes up too high things I will be okay. And eventually they just ghost me.
I clearly see the signs of what’s happening with this current guy. He texted me like he liked me and now it’s boring, bland, late replies, no acknowledgement or apology at the length of time in between, no planning, no special talks. I hate being ghosted, and seeing it coming makes it a little easier but I know how this goes. I have been here before and I just want to have the last laugh for once. Trying to resist ghosting people is hard. I don’t want to end things but they obviously don’t care much, and I figure we AREN’T serous enough to have a conversation about how it’s not working out because what even is “it”? So I’m at a loss for my other option than to just stop talking to him
2
2