4 d

My son is dating a woman my age. I'm very concerned this will not work out well for him in the end. I'm very confused. How should I handle this?

Anonymous
My son is dating a woman my age. Im very concerned this will not work out well for him in the end. Im very confused. How should I handle this?
My 25 year old son is dating a 41 year old woman. I found out through my daughter, so I confronted him about it and he admitted it, saying that they’re been dating for 8 months, they're in love, and he plans to move in with her in the next couple of months. He said he didn't want to tell me because he knew I'd be upset, and in all honesty he's right. I tried not to express it in front of him both because I didn't want to hurt his feelings and I wanted to sort out what I thought before I really told him how I felt, but when I found out I was very shocked and upset.
I feel like normally I'm fairly easygoing/accepting about age gaps. However, 16 years is a huge gap. I'm 44 years old, so I'm only 3 years older than her. I can’t imagine what I’d have in common with a boy my son’s age. My has his whole life ahead of him, so why would he settle for someone who’s at such a different stage of life and who may even have left it too late to have kids? My husband is convinced it’ll fizzle out naturally and thinks I need to be calmer about the whole thing, but I’m not sure I can! They've already been dating for 8 months and are planning on moving in together. I think if this was a "fizzle" type of relationship that would not be happening.
Anyways, I'm supposed to meet her pretty soon and I do not know how that's going to turn out. I know my son's an adult, but part of me feels like I should tell him how I feel and perhaps even try to talk him out of it. Should I do that? How should I handle things when I meet her? Please, I'm confused and need advice!

PS- My son has told me they'd talked about the kids thing. He said she does want more kids. He said if they do get to the point where they want kids they'll try to have biological kids, but if it doesn't work they'll adopt. That does make me feel better, but I still do have a lot of concerns with the age gap.
12
3