1 mo

When a person wants to be with you, is it or is it not true that they will move heaven and earth to be with you?

KnightKissedbyFire
After 3 years of being single I decided this year 2021 I was going to start dating again. I put myself out there and it hasn't been too bad. I matched on an online dating app with someone and they checked 9 out of 10 boxes let's just say that I would want in a potentially relationship. We chatted for a week and met in person last Tuesday. The sparks were flying and it was great. However, since day one I noticed he wasn't as attentive or enthused as my usual men are when I dated before. Gave him a week to see if things changed but no he was still playing a come chase me game at his age of 37. Told him directly that I wish him all the best on his search for his mrs right and his career. He attempted to fight me via messager but I wasn't playing that game. I told him, if this was a true connection on both ends then it would be no question of how either of us feel and I wouldn't be questioning if he even wanted to see me again. Not once had he complimented me, quite the opposite on my education and other things in life, he wouldn't answer a simple yes or no "would you like to hang out later?" He would say "possibly one day". And then continue our conversation like I didn't just ask him to hang out or maybe a rain check. Any person knows that if you want to be with someone from the first date on you will move heaven and earth to be with them and make them feel like the sun, moon and all the stars.
1 mo
All my happy married friends of over 20 plus years understand what I'm talking about. Going to stick with their advice over people who are single, younger than myself, and don't know what standards are.
1 mo
Thank you for those who gave their opinions and understand that having standards for finding your forever person needs should align from date one and not have negativity week one. Dating, relationships, marriages have challenges and both persons need to work together to move forward but if both are not on the same level it doesn't work.
19
4