My boyfriend has feelings for another girl?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been together for a month, and prior to our relationship we were friends for about a year. When he first told me he had feelings for me 3 months ago, also told me that he had feelings for another girl as well who he has known longer than me but that they’re stronger for me. We waited 2 months and we became official and he told me that his feelings for the other girl were starting to go away but that they still were there. I asked him yesterday if he still had feelings for this girl and he said that even though he wishes he didn’t, he still does and that he can’t help how he’s tried to get rid of them but they still are there. He told me that he feels much stronger for me than for her and that I’m not a second choice to him but I still can’t help but feel upset by all of this. He told me he understands why I am upset and that he wishes that he didn’t feel the way he does. My question is, is this something that is reasonable for me to be upset over, and would you suggest we push through this or break up?
My boyfriend has feelings for another girl?
Add Opinion