If your date keeps an ex boyfriend/girlfriend as a friend, would you mind?

Anonymous
I've been single since May 1st and he's in a new relationship. I was talking to this guy interested in meeting me but he's not ok anymore ever since he saw 2 pictures of me with my ex boyfriend. Those are old pictures, when I was much younger and another from 2016-2017.

Here is the issue:
We decided to break-up due to circumstances not allowing us to ever be together. It was a very hard decision. His new girlfriend is ok with us talking. She knows about the situation and how we still love each other. We've remained friends and will be friends forever.

I tried my best to explained the situation to the guy that wants to meet me. He's not ok with being a back-up plan and he said that if we were ever a couple, he wouldn't like seeing those pictures. Basically he's not ok with me having him in my life. How about you? Would you be ok with your date keeping an ex partner as a permanent friend?
3
2