1 mo

Ever dated someone with multiple allergies and sensitivities?

OlderAndWiser u
Some people have an allergy: penicillin, after shave, eggs, or whatever. Some people have a long list of allergies, including dogs and cats, dairy products, nuts, onions, various types of pollen, etc. Allergies can take control of your life, especially if you have a seasonal allergy and are in the midst of a heavy pollen season.

I have dated a few women with multiple allergies and sensitivities, and it became problematic at times. If she is allergic to onions, that means the selections at Mexican and Italian restaurants will be so limited that you may as well forget those choices. If she is allergic to pollen, you can't do anything outdoors in the spring or fall (and you DON'T want to be outside in Florida in the summer.) Based on other observations of these women, I sometimes wondered if the allergies were completely bona fide allergies or if they were "functional" conditions designed to keep the subject at the center of attention and in control of the relationship. I am NOT saying that ALL allergies are just "in your head" but I think that may be part of the explanation for some people.

Do you have any experience with these "very sensitive" people?
10
18