Was this miscommunication? Should I let it go?

Anonymous
So there’s a guy I’ve known for like half a year now so he isn’t just some random guy. We saw each other for a few months, had to take time apart for work reasons, then reconnected recently again. He isn’t an ex, we were just casually dating. We met last Friday, had a good time. Saturday messaged each other, I asked if he’d like to meet up again next week (this last week) and he said yes! But he doesn’t know about his schedule yet, he would let me know. He just started up his own law firm so he’s working a lot of hours and his old friends are back in town for a wedding. So I get he’s busy but he never messaged me all week until this morning (Saturday) again. He suggested something today or Tuesday and acted like nothing was wrong about him not getting back to me all week so I confronted him in a simple way and he said he meant he’d get back to me when he knew of a date we could see each other again, not about during the week. I read the message as he’d let me know once he knows his schedule and keep me updated.
I was so frustrated and ready to just say goodbye to him. Should I give him a chance? Is this miscommunication?
1
1