How to gain confidence in the best income I'm capable of, when it isn't the highest or best or enough to really live single?

Robertcw
I've been trying really hard the past year to make enough money to survive well alone before trying to date people again. But, humbly, I haven't been able to. And I'm starting to get grey hairs in my facial hair now. I feel stressed by it because I'm starting to feel like dating is becoming closer to being over for me and I really didn't do too much of it before now either.

I've been able to increase my income a good amount after 4 months and recently applied for yet another better paying position that would count as a first 'real job' but even still I would be about $10,000 - $20,000 short of being able to live independently well in the area my parents live.

So basically, I have begun to accept that my original goal isn't possible and so I have to adjust to a more realistic way of living. And that requires becoming confident enough with this to express that I need to rely on the income of someone else partially to survive legitimately. I hear people do this a lot. I sorta believe it, but I also don't feel confident with the idea for multiple reasons.

1. I can't afford to pay for basic needs should something happen.
2. I feel let down a little bit by society for being allowed to basically work a half-decent job and still be allowed to not have housing on your own sole income.
3. It seems to be a pitiful situation to be in with no fast solutions at a time when our bodies become more sensitive to environmental stressors that can accelerate aging.

A solution would be to become comfortable and confident with this situation in order to not be unattractive and sulky. But I can't seem to allow myself to feel or embrace that.
1
2