I am having trouble talking to this girl next door for numerous reasons, and need to just do it somehow?

Anonymous
We've literally only said hi once, in the past few weeks. I moved here temporarily with my mother in late June. I don't know how long I will stay, but anyway, she's next door and lives with her parents (she's 4 years younger than me), nurse who works nights so has a weird schedule sometimes it seems. I started taking some of my walks around here a bit later because I noticed she tends to walk this dog they have later than I normally go out. Just today I missed her by SECONDS. Had I waited one more minute to go inside, would've walked by her. I don't know what to say at this point though, like, "Hey. I think we're next door to each other but we haven't really met. I'm blah blah..." then make small talk? I don't know about what?

Not sure how long I'd have to wait to ask for her phone # or whatever, but I have to be careful too. She literally lives next door, so this can't become awkward. I don't think she has a boyfriend. I haven't seen any guys come around here or anything. It just seems silly that there's a potential dating prospect who is literally next door and now almost 3 1/2 months later and we have barely said hi.

I have a hard time talking to women I don't first meet on the internet too (since if they are going on a date with me I know there was at least initial interest)
I saw some other younger woman I've never seen before too walking a dog before, but didn't say anything. This is a 55+ community that is in the earlier stages of being built, but I see a fair number of younger people around here. Anyway, I'd hate to move at some point and never having even tried. Regret is the worst. I know it too well.

I also thought, should I wait until I have a car to get to know her? I have been slacking with getting one lately. I have plenty of money. I can afford one, just yeah, that looks bad too, so that's part of my hesitation.
1
1