3 mo

My boyfriend is easily mad and harsh with his words. I don't know why. How could I fix that? What is the problem with him?

Arassia
My boyfriend and I have been together for five years but we live together since last year.
He things that I'm childish and immature because we had some work to do (painting the walls, get a new floor...) when we moved in, and I was planning everything so I could visualize when we could properly "move in" and throw a housewarming party (so our parents and grandparents could meet (our parents know each other)). My boyfriend thought that was useless because we can't foresee what happens.
I ended up being very sad and bitter (I would even say that I had an undiagnosed depression, I've had one before and it felt just like that), like sobbing uncontrollably when talking with him or anyone about our home. He told me that I'm creating problems and that all is in my head. That I should wait like and adult and everything will be finished when it should.
The problem is, my boyfriend is a perfectionist and also very nervous, e. g. we had to paint the ceiling and he was having trouble with it. He was getting mad easily. So I asked my father (who I've met a few years ago, it's a long story but now I'm trying to make a place for him in my life) if he could help and my boyfriend got mad because HE began painting so HE will finish it. Something similar happened for something else, I asked a friend if he knew somebody who was good at electric stuff and my boyfriend told me that I should respect myself and stop begging like that.
He's very loving and genuine usually but when he's mad I truly hate him and wonder why I'm with him because he's constantly belittling me and I feel very unworthy. I don't know why he acts like that, and why he can't control his anger.
Maybe you guys can help me. He doesn't open up about it, he says it's just like he is, but I think he's way too afraid of every kind of pressure. But we can't stay like that because it'll start again if we marry, if we have a child, if he loses his job... and honestly that's unnecessary drama for me.
4
3