9 d

My mom told me she doesn’t want me to date outside my race and would prefer for me to marry a white girl. What are your thoughts about me deviating?

Anonymous
That’s not my girlfriend but I am seeing a girl from San Francisco who is Korean. I met her at a cafe and I’m really starting to like her. The problem?

My mom realized I have always been attracted to Asian girls since I first entered school. My grandma would make jokes, “he’s gonna marry one of those Chinese girls.” My mom never thought it was funny. My dad didn’t care. The situation is I actually want my girlfriend to be accepted but my mom has repeatedly told me that she’d prefer I marry inside my race. She’s slightly racist because she says bad things about Mexicans and blacks. She doesn’t say anything bad about Asians but she makes ugly comments about calling them ugly. I know it’s harsh but it’s my mom so I still love her.

Please guide me on what to do.
12
33