7 d

Have no clue what to do?

Anonymous
My boyfriend has been going through major depression and recently diagnosed with psychosis. Lately he's been shutting me out of his life cancelling dates and staying home by his own. I tried to be there for him love and support him but he kept shutting me out. When he cancelled our last date I wrote him a text how I feel frustrated for not being able to help him. We talked on the phone and he said he's been feeling down and wanted to stay alone and that it makes him sad to make me feel like this. It breaks my heart to hear him like this. I asked him if he wanted some company we could just chill together not talk but he said he wanted to be alone and to meet tomorrow. I left him a text that I love him and I am here for him and made some joke how he can eat my popcorn when we go to the movies (he loves eating mine so I wanted him to smile writing this). He says that being together does help him and that he wants to be together. I don't know what to do as his partner to support him and assure him that I want to be there for him. I started feeling like shit and guilty and like an asshole for thinking of my own needs when my partner goes through something so major then hate myself for communicating to him that sometimes I get frustrated. He told me there's nothing to worry about just to give him some time to stay alone cause he doesn't want to drag me into it. I've seen him in his good days my boyfriend is an amazing guy and more than his depression. I do love him but I'm feeling hopeless.
Have no clue what to do?
Add Opinion